Pharmacist – Etta Atlantic Memorial Hospital, Lagos
- Salary: Market Related (Negotiable)
- Job Type: Permanent
- Apply before Tuesday, February 5, 2019 – 56 Days left
Employer: Etta Atlantic Memorial Hospital
Seeking an experienced and qualified pharmacist to work in hospital setting.
- Prepares medications by reviewing and interpreting physician orders; detecting therapeutic incompatibilities.
- Dispenses medications by compounding, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals.
- Controls medications by monitoring drug therapies; advising interventions.
- Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians’ work flow; verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals; verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
- Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals; counseling patients on drug therapies.
- Develops hospital staff’s pharmacological knowledge by participating in clinical programs; training pharmacy staff, students, interns, externs, residents, and health care professionals.
- Complies with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the state board of pharmacy, the drug enforcement administration, and the food and drug administration by monitoring nursing unit inspections; maintaining records for controlled substances; removing outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory; supervising the work results of support personnel; maintaining current registration; studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; advising management on needed actions.
- Protects patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains pharmacological knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- The candidate should be experienced in inpatient pharmacy duties
- Have a bachelor or master’s degree in pharmacology
- Good verbal Communication
- FDA Health Regulations
- Managing Processes
- Legal Compliance,
- Quality Focus
- Attention to Detail
Apply before Tuesday, February 5, 2019 – 62 Days left Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion. If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful.