Data Analyst at Konga, Imo
- Salary: Market Related
- Job Type: Permanent
- Apply before Monday, February 11, 2019 – 63 Days left
Konga.com is Nigeria’s largest online marketplace. We launched in July 2012 and our mission is to become the engine of eCommerce and trade in Africa.
We serve an ever expanding customer base, offering products that span various categories including Phones, Computers, Clothing, Shoes, Home Appliances, Books, Healthcare, Baby Products, personal care and much more.
We are recruiting to fill this position.
- We are searching for a talented, smart, passionate and experienced/certified Data Analyst to help analyze and interpret data for business performance across all our Offline Retail chain.
- The Data Analyst will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
- S/he should have a strong grasp of data acquisition and management tools and strategies and be able to monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Managing master data, including creation, updates, and deletion
- Provide quality assurance of imported data
- Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines
- Helping develop reports and analysis; Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems.
- Generating reports from single or multiple systems
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports
- Evaluating changes and updates to source the Retail Systems
- Training end users on new reports and dashboard
- Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- First degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large scale databases
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards
- High-level written and verbal communication skills
Apply before Monday, February 11, 2019 – 63 Days left Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion. If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful.